1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

repSplash guard replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Over100k, May 23, 2016.

1. Over100k

Over100k Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    How much should I expect to pay to get the splash guard underneath the front of the car replaced! I damaged it pulling in reverse out of hole in the lawn. Also, should I go to the dealer, a collision place or other to get this done.

2. Mavi

Mavi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Got any pics of the damage?

Over100k likes this.
  3. Over100k

Over100k Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
  4. johnnyb588

johnnyb588 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    First off, I wouldn't bother with it. It's not all that important. Tons of Prius drivers never replace them after they inevitably get ripped off, and I have never heard of any problems.

Second, if you are dead set on repairing or replacing, I would opt for a DIY boy scout solution. My splash guards on both Prii I own are held together with paracord. The clips that hold them are crap, the anchors for them are flimsy, it's all just crap under there, really, so when mine starting getting ripped up, I decided to use some old paracord I had lying around to extend their life a little while. It has been almost a year for each, and they're still going strong.

If you go the replace route, I wouldn't go through the dealer (a lot of dealer's don't really do a whole lot of body work anyway). Find a reputable shop or someone who can do some body work on the side. IIRC, the splash guard is about $40, and assuming all of your anchors are still intact, it's a 10 minute job. Should be out of there for less than $100, IMO.

Over100k likes this.