1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reputable mechanic needed in VA Beach area

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by laivindil, Sep 19, 2009.

1. laivindil

laivindil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, seems the inverter coolant pump in my my 2004 Prius has failed. The red triangle warning light, and check engine light came on while driving, and I noticed a considerable drop in AC efficiency. The brake and VSC warning lights came on briefly as well. I was a block from the house, so I parked it. When I went out today, I decided to check the inverter fluid reservoir for turbulence when the car is started, and I do not see any. Car operates fine, but do not want to drive it anywhere to avoid damaging the actual inverter.... as I am completely out of warranty, of course. :(

So, I need to find a reputable hybrid mechanic in the Virginia Beach, VA area. There are a few dealers here, but not sure which one is worth going to. However, I would like to a dealer alternative. Anyone able to help? Thanks.

2. elkhornsun

elkhornsun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A