1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Request for delivery & learning advice

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by NJ Dave, Jan 9, 2005.

1. NJ Dave

NJ Dave New Member

My local dealer has my name on a Prius that's due this week. I have read other threads here indicating some buyers get less than the full stuff when they pick up the car, ie warranty info, tire change tools, etc.

So, some ?s:
    -What, in addition to the car itself, should I look for with the new car:
    car and tire warranties?
    spare tire?
    tire change tools?
    user/operator manual?
    maintenance manual?
    manual for use of the display screen?
    anything else?
    -Is there a good book published describing how the car works, its systems, etc?

Anything else I need to think about/prepare for in the delivery (other than administrative, ie finance and insurance)?

Thanks very much!
    Dave.

2. fred

fred New Member

dave, just be prepared for a fun but very strange sensation. i remember starting mine at the dealers for the first time.i kinda coasted ( ithought) out of the parking lot and had to immediately stop at the red light. although, i was mentally prepared it sure was an unsettling feeling to have the engine shut off and have complete silence at a busy nashvile traffic signal!! i just hoped it hadnt stalled. but sure enough when the light turned green i was on my way with a great big amazed smile. 8) 8) 8)

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If you use front plates in NJ, do one of two things:
    1) Insist that you be there when they put the front plate on. Make sure they use the holder and that they put the screws in the front bumper dimples. The dimples are there to make sure they do it right.
    2) Have them give you the plate holder and you mount it yourself.

Someone at my dealer just screwed the plate straight into the bumper - crooked and off-center. I fixed it after I noticed it at home, but now I have four holes in my bumper rather than two.

And valet cards. make sure you get valet cards.

Just for kicks, ask the dealer for the cord you use when you plug it in at night. :)

5. NJ Dave

NJ Dave New Member

Fred, Dan, Tony;

Thanks for the tips!

Anyone know if the Operator's Manual/User's Guide/etc is available online as a pdf? It would be nice to read it before driving for the first time so I'm not sitting at the dealership parking lot for an hour.

Tony, that's a good one about the plug. I think I'll ask them if it takes a grounded 2-prong or requires a 3-prong. Similar to a joke we make about removable pins that lock down our helicopter's retractable landing gear at work; it has two of the same locking pin, but we sometimes joke about 'hey, Joe, toss me that left gear pin'...

Dave