1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Require assistance with front outside led install please!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by stinow, Dec 6, 2008.

1. stinow

stinow New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi there!

This morning I started on the installation of two front led lights ''knight rider'' like. I've been able to install them in the front grill, but now I have to get the cable to the the drivers seat (near the pedals).

Can anyone please help me out as to where I can put the cable through? I've been trying lots of 'holes', but no succes so far.

Thanks!

-Stijn

2. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Two approaches I've used in the past:

1.) open both front doors and the hood, walk back and forth looking for a spot where I can drill a hole and not ruin anything, and be able to reach the wire. Suggest you put a grommet in the hole so the rough edges won't saw through the wire while you drive. If they salt the roads there, make spots that are high off the ground your first choice.

2.) Decide that there is no good place to make a hole, run wire to edge of dash, out past the hinge side of door, up in the fender and jump out into the engine compartment from there.