1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Resale question: #3 is $1500 more than #2 in selling, only #375 more in reselling after 1yr

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by steccc, May 23, 2008.

1. steccc

steccc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi all

(I also posted this one in audio forum, mainly for JBL performance, here for resale price.)
    I am kind of struggled between the Package #2 and #3. The only reason I want to buy #3 is the JBL. Do you think is it worthy to spend $1500 more to buy this JBL system? This is the first question. The second thing which bothers me is the resale price. I may need to sell it after two years. I search the resale price on kbb. I just check the 2007 model and with 10,000 on it. I compared the #2 and #3 in private party value. In excellent condition, #2 can sell 22,050 and #3 can sell 22,425. I paid nearly $1500 more in the first place and resale price only $375 more. Do you think it is the really situation in a real resale situation? Thank you all. Glad to have this forum.

Regards,
    Chao

2. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    For $1500 you can take your package #2 to almost any quality speaker shop and they will hook you up nicely.

3. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The difference between #2 & #3 is JLB, MP3 multi CD and Bluetooth. So you need to include those options at KBB.com to compare the resale price difference. I just did a quick comparison and the difference is $495.

Still nowhere near $1,500 new price, but that's how it works with most options on cars--although this is a bit more depreciation than I've seen.

4. dwdean

dwdean Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If there is not some intangible benefit for you in getting package #3, I'd say you answered your own question.

Just FYI, $1,500 would buy some nice aftermarket speakers, a CD changer, and probably a Bluetooth interface. Might not be as tightly integrated as the OEM stuff, but I'll bet you'd get higher end stuff.