1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Researching PHEVs for my Film Doc.

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by eatdrumss, Feb 2, 2010.

1. eatdrumss

eatdrumss Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Would you like to be a part of this documentary?

I am currently in Cleveland Ohio...if you are anywhere near me I would love to see your vehicle.

I am planning for my filming currently.

below is the email I sent to a few organizations.

I would like to feature your organization in my Film Doc. about alt. vehicles and the people that drive them.

It is an entertaining mix of science and sociology...I plan to drive to all of my locations in my converted PHEV prius...I have purchased the 2007 prius, it needs some work before it will run. I am researching my conversion options as well as sponsorship of my vehicle and film as I drive across the country.

Please let me know if you have any ideas for me or events that you could help me gain access to.

Genuinely,
    Jonathan

2. ibcs

ibcs New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Please feel free to PM me. I drive a 2006 Hymotion Prius with quite a few modifications. I live very close to the Dayton International Airport.

---Kent

3. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Jonathan,
    I assume you will be coming to one of the Green Drive Expo events this summer? (California and Wisconsin.)

There will be plenty of PHEV owners, hybrid owners, EV Owners and more in attendance.

There will be moderated discussion panels specifically for PHEV owners that you certainly would want to be a part of.

PM, email or call me any time.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention I drive the first Honda Insight converted to PHEV with the Enginer system.

4. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If your near southern Ohio you can stop by and check out my car. Or if your going to Green Drive Expo I might be there this year.

5. Eccentric1

Eccentric1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello Jonathan in Cleveland,

Wouldn't it be an interesting Documentary on PHEV's if you, or someone were able to drive one across country non-stop...without refueling or using a roadside charging station? Well, there would surely be a need to stop for comfort room breaks, but with 2 drivers there would be little need for sleep. In fact, there would be no need for hotels either based on what I have planned for the use of the PHEV.
    GROUND BREAKING Acheivment I would say.

There are only a "minor" details that would need to be taken care of in order to do this:
    1st: Get a sponsor who would front the money to build my concept...off the shelf stuff and some fabrication would do...it is in conception now and needs to be formalized.
    Since it is to be built using mostly existing technology, it can be done fairly inexpensively..yet could change how the PHEV's are currently being utilized.

Anyway, I wish you well on your endevour.
    All the Best,
    Bo

6. Eccentric1

Eccentric1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone Out there with a Few Bucks and a Pioneering Spirit that wants to Build the Ultimate Prius and Drive Across Country without Fueling up?
    We can Do It and Become Famous at the Very Least.