1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reset ECM "Problem" light?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by fchung76, Mar 31, 2007.

1. fchung76

fchung76 New Member

So my 2004 nav screen started acting up. I came across this junk yard dealer who offered me a good deal. Got the parts and I installed it, the screen works fine (if you need his contact, let me know)

Here is the installation problem (unrelated to the screen) I had....
    During the installation, I had to remove all air vent covers and upper/lower panels covering the steering column. For the air vent cover in the middle, it is hooked up to the "P" button. I took off the harness. But when I tried to test the screen by turning on the car (with the "P" button unhooked), the system flagged the error with the P button (of course!) Then I put everything back in, plugged in the "P" button harness again.. but the system still remembers the problem.

Now, the car is driveable, but the triangle red light with an exclaimation mark stays on. How do I reset that? (w/o visiting the dealer)

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    glad you were able to find a workable deal for your situation, fchung :)

have you restarted the car 3 times since this happened? typically it will go away after 3 times but if not, something's amiss.

3. fchung76

fchung76 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Mar 31 2007, 01:27 PM) [snapback]415532[/snapback]</div>
    galaxee - by restarting 3x did the trick! thanks.