1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reset Prius driving behavior memory

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by hermitcrab, Sep 21, 2008.

1. hermitcrab

hermitcrab New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    In viewing these forums previously, I recall seeing mention of some way to reset the Prius' memory of a person's driving behavior. I have searched the Main and Technical forums, but cannot find a thread discussing this.

I have a 06 Prius that I bought used back in March. I'm not sure if the dealer reset this before I purchased it. I am pleased with my MPG, but I just curious to see if I would experience different results if I could "start from scratch". I know it would take time for the Prius to relearn driving behavior if I do this, but I think it would be interesting and I can be patient.

Thanks for any wisdom that you can pass on.

2. Jack66

Jack66 Kinda Jovial Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I believe that disconnecting the 12V battery does the trick. Make sure you have your access code to your stereo written down if you have an anti-theft device on it.

3. hermitcrab

hermitcrab New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Can anyone confirm this? I just want to verify this before I unplug anything

4. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I don't believe there is such a reset.

5. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    the stock radio has no such code. unknown if disconnecting the 12v will clear the navigation system??? telephone numbers are safe, only thing lost when you disconnect the battery is the automatic window, driving history, clock, radio presets

6. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Disconnecting the 12V battery does clear some of the learned memory - in my case, my mileage got worse for approx 3 tanks after disconnecting the battery. I have done it twice, each time to disable the seat airbag prior to removing the seat.

It does not clear stored points in the Nav, although ejecting the Nav DVD seems to reset the search region for the Nav.

7. Jack66

Jack66 Kinda Jovial Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius