1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Resetting Service Notice

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by john burns, Jan 21, 2010.

1. john burns

john burns New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Even though Toyota modified the oil change interval to 10,000 miles, which my dealer seemed to know about, I chose to have my 1st oil change at 5,000 today

Upon starting the engine for the last 100 or so miles, a notice appeared on the screen for 10-15 seconds stating that engine service was due soon

On the way to the dealer, I passed 5,000 miles and the notice again appeard and stayed on the remaining few miles of the trip. When that happens the screen is covered by the notice and nothing else is visible. Because I was only a few miles from the dealer I did not try very hard to remove it and reset the screen

I asked the dealer to make sure they changed the service notification to every 10,000 miles thereafter

The dealer said he could not do that, because the system is preset to 5,000 miles and could not be modified. Is that true? :confused:

I expect that in 5,000 miles the service notification will come on and I do not want to have to drive to the dealer to have it reset.

Does anyone know how to reset it?

By the way, I specifically asked for the 0 - 20W synthethic oil, paid the additional amount required, and assured the bill was annotated accordingly.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    See page 300 of your owners manual. You can also press "do not display this message again".

4. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I drive 30,000 miles a year. The warning light comes on every two months and it is annoying. I have this in the glove box to help me reset it fast and then I get an oil change.

[​IMG]

dMf, compac and mgb4tim like this.
  5. pbernard

pbernard Hypermiler

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This worked.. Thank-you !