1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Responding to silliness

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Russell Frost, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Russell Frost

Russell Frost the whatdrives.us guy

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I takedown the latest slap at the Prius from consumeraffairs.com here:

http://www.priusownersgroup.com/?p=1771

As always, I welcome your comments on the POG or here.

2. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ice weasel @ Oct 12 2006, 09:59 AM) [snapback]331658[/snapback]</div>
    This is funny!

3. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, you know what they say about opinions, and how, like various parts of the anatomy, everyone has one...

4. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    In the Recent PriusChat Spirit of Didactic Grammerianism, I offer.

"As I said above, context is everything. And understanding who and what “Strategic Vision†gives us insight."

Might be better written as:

"As I said above, context is everything and understanding who and what “Strategic Vision†is can give us insight."

If you like you could possibly use a comma or semi-colon before the and.

Linguistic Fustiness aside, the thing that most struck me about the article was the mixing of complaint types under one heading.

Discussions about Tundra Design or Prius Mileage have nothing to do with "Quality".

But, CA is like that. They don't distinguish between real and percieved problems because, heck, if you want to sue because you can't store something under your Tundra Seat they're more than happy, eh? Not to mention those darned 20" dubs that were on the Truck when you bought it, and that you now 'hate'. This is Clearly Toyota's Fault and it something must be done.

Wait a Minute! Are 20" wheels even a Toyota standard option. Apparently the biggest wheels you can get standard on a Tundra are 18" TRD specials on the Darrel Waltrip NASCAR Wannabe model.

Anyway, it's always fun to dissect CA articles, or at least thhe ones they haven't plagairized from other sources.

In that case it's fun to see what minute changes they made, either to avoid copyright liability, or change the 'spin'. :)

5. chimohio

chimohio New Member

$8000 over list price - as was once said, there's a sucker every minute.

6. prez1

prez1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ice weasel @ Oct 12 2006, 08:59 AM) [snapback]331658[/snapback]</div>
    I love the quote from Deborah from Louisville that Toyota used false advertising when stating the EPA mileage of 60/50. She only averages 43. Isn't that all they are allowed to use in their ads, the EPA estimates? Mileage may vary, Deborah.

7. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    The original article is also shown in the post "Is Toyota Quality Slipping?", although I think this analysis quotes the whole thing.

I already submitted a post under the other one about Deborah being an idiot, although I'm really tempted to mention it again.