1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Results of the Milwaukee Hybrid Group 1st meeting

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by BJFons, Mar 5, 2006.

1. BJFons

BJFons Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Justin and I want to thank all who attended our 1st meeting. We were lucky to be inside because it was 15 degrees outside.

We had 24 people attend this 1st meeting an I think we all had a great time. We had 5 friends up from Illinois and 5 people up from the Racine/Kenosha area. Wayne Gerdes and Tom Baleno were up from cleanmpg.com and several members from this website too. The meeting ran over our 2 hour time limit but no one complained. In addition to our meeting topics, we had a pulse and glide training at the end.

We had a senior electrochemist and a systems engineer from Johnson Control Battery Division speak at the meeting too. We also had Chuck Quirmbach from Wisconsin Public Radio for the whole session, even going out on a pulse and glide ride. He'll be doing a 4-5 minute piece on the MHG on WPR and the Great Lakes Radio network.

The members had a lot of enthusiasm and we talked about many things and areas that we may want to get into in the future. We also discussed Hybridfest 2006 and our upcoming Brewer game in June.

Justin and I thank everyone for their encouragement and support. I think we're off to a good start.

Bradlee Fons
    www.milwaukeehybridgroup.com

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My hat's off to Brad and the Milwaukee Hybrid Group. What a great initial meeting! And free doughnuts!! :)

If you haven't been to a meetup before, I straongly recommend them. Some are more along the lines of informal gatherings of friends while others are more like educational events. Either way, you meet people, learn things, and have a great time.

Keep an eye on the MHG. With press releases, radio and television interviews, and dealer cooperation there's going to be alot of action in Milwaukee.