1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Results: Rallye Vert de Montréal

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Oct 8, 2012.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Source: Third Consecutive Title For Toyota with Plug-in Hybrid | Hybrid Cars

The rally score results and rankings: http://www.rallyscoring.com/results/2012/RallyeVert/combine_7-8_final.html

My interest is in seeing what appears to be an annually, stable, fuel efficiency rally. Other than Eric Power's annual "Green Drive Expo" (aka., hybridfest,) I'm not aware of a similar, long-term, fuel efficiency contest. Obviously one key requirement is long term sponsorship but I notice this rally has both a time and efficiency requirement.

What this means is an entry can't just poke along at maximum range speed and win. The car must actually perform in something that looks like real traffic . . . not just roll on a public road.

Bob Wilson

telmo744 likes this.
  2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Anyone have the specifics on how this "race" is run?

The winning driver is a repeat champion and a Ford F150 beat a Prius. Me thinks a driver's hypermiling skills may be just as important as the machine.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    It looks like both timing, meeting the way-points on the scheduled interval, has as much weight as MPG. This is something I like.

I've seen too many reports of these mileage contests where it looks like the 'winner' doesn't care about completing the course in any given time. I've long felt that if MPG is the only determinant, just hold the contest on a 'track' and let the drivers do as many laps as they think are needed to show their superior MPG. Once the electric and pedal-assisted cars are done . . . wake up the audience and announce the winners.

Bob Wilson