1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Retrofitting AUX Port?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by KitsuneVoss, Feb 24, 2024.

1. KitsuneVoss

KitsuneVoss Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was looking at my roommate's 2007 Prius, a more deluxe version of my 2009, and their car has an AUX port in the center console while my does not. I have been using an FM transmitter, which can have issues at times.

Can I retrofit my car with an AUX port, maybe by replacing the center console with one with an AUX port built in?

2. KitsuneVoss

KitsuneVoss Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Wanted to add a question. Is there a port for the Aux port behind the stereo system? Could I reach back there and simply connect a usable Aux port to it? Maybe then snake that into the glove box?

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  4. KitsuneVoss

KitsuneVoss Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have that book I think actually. Trying to see the most painless method.
    I did note that while my radio does NOT have an Aux/CD button, my roommate's does. Theirs also has an Aux connector in the center console. OEM radios with the aux function can be found on eBay pretty cheap.

I know that the vents might crack when I try to remove the stereo system but do I have to remove the panel in front of the steering column as well? Also where could I get a connector to connect the aux to the back of that radio?