1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Returning to search results page?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by bcool, Nov 14, 2004.

1. bcool

bcool New Member

Once I've finished reading a topic that I found doing a Search, when I hit the "Back" button, I get a "Page not found" message.

Is there any way to return to the results list again?

Thanks!!

2. tag

tag Senior Member

I get the same results..........using Internet Explorer.

Firefox is different; you get a warning that the data has expired from the cache but clicking "OK" will return you to the results of your original search. Great browser! Give it a shot. It's free and can co-exist with IE.

Click on the "Firefox" banner at the bottom of this page.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My work-around goes like this. When I use the Search and receive multiple hits, I click each one while holding the [Shift] key. This launches the link in a new window. When finished with that page, I close the window which reveils the original Search Results page behind it.

My only concern with the Search Results page is that when recieve no hits I have to page back to search again. Or if I forget to click the "look for all words" radial button, I have to page back to try again. Also, even if I do everything correct but return more hits than i wanted, I can not 'search within results.' IMO, having the search bar follow you into the Results page would be nice.

4. amped

amped Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That seems to have changed this morning. When searching for answers to the question in the MID thread I just posted, clicking the trackball button for last page did return to the last search result page viewed. That's a change from yesterday, using IE 6, XP SP2.

5. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    OR . . .

Click on the "Firefox" banner at the bottom of this page . . . [sends you to the same web site, but it may make you feel better knowing that the recommendation is coming from the powers that be at PriusChat]

Instead of the "Shift" key, try holding down the "Control" [Ctrl] key when you click on a link . . . that will bring the page up in a "tab" . . . aka "Tabbed Browsing" . . . this feature alone is worth the switch to Firefox. You can open and close tabs individually and switch between them with a click of the mouse. This really opens up a whole new world of web browsing by allowing you to have several strings going at a time.

Firefox is to Internet Explorer as a Prius is to a Pinto.
    Mozilla Firefox really is that much "Safer, Faster, Better."

6. tag

tag Senior Member

Yes, THANK YOU!!!

do not know what I was thinking. I edited my post to conform to your method (i.e. the proper method). :)

7. bcool

bcool New Member

Thanks for the Shift-Click suggestion...it works great!

I don't think this is necessarily a problem with Internet Explorer - I know other websites work fine. I think it's a matter of how the forum software was written.

Speaking of Firefox...I have it loaded, but don't use it very much right now - it seems like there's always something that doesn't load or display correctly. Usually minor stuff, but it annoys me.

8. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    opening a new window for a link also works in IE but is not nearly a good enough reason to start using IE.

9. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bcool\";p=\"50408)</div>
    It sounds like you are using an older version of Firefox by your "always something" remark. The newest version of Firefox came out just last week on November 9th. This is the long awaited for 1.0 version :D :party:
    The last major update of Internet Explorer was April 2001! :Wth:

You may want to read this article
    http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/249
    Then click on the link to their "Vulnerability Archive" and compare IE6 to Mozilla 1.0. If that doesn't scare you over to Firefox, I have an "Unsafe At Ay Speed" Chevy Corvair to sell you . . . or, if I were Microsoft, force you to use!

10. bcool

bcool New Member

OK, you've convinced me to give it a go again :)