1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reuters: GM cancels Cadillac SRX plug-in hybrid: sources

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by cwerdna, May 27, 2011.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Exclusive: GM cancels Cadillac SRX plug-in hybrid: sources | Reuters
    On a side note, I've never followed GM's supposed Volt (moving) production targets but the article says "GM recently boosted its 2012 production plans for the Volt by a third to 60,000 vehicles."

Will they even be able to sell 60K Volts a year, given the price tag?

2. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    No, GM's Volt sales to date are virtually nonexistent. Only in news articles and shareholder calls (i.e. fantasy) are the Volts being made or sold in any meaningful numbers.

3. J5A

J5A Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I came --><-- this close to buying an SRX but after test driving one with its lathargic engine and terrible mpgs it I totaly fell out of love with it. I do love the design though.

4. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The devil is in the details. Original, that plan was to build 60,000 the second year of production anyway. So, there's no real change from that perspective. However, that entire inventory was for the US. Now, a quarter of it will be going to Europe rather than Opel producing Ampera themselves.

As for the on-again, off-again plug-in Two-Mode saga, this isn't much of a surprise. The cordless model targeted a tiny market, mostly due to the extreme price. Adding to that price for a plug wouldn't help the situation.

5. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    of course they did.

7. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

you missed the news early this month when GM announced how they are increasing production due to extraordinary demand. Small print was 1k increase to 16k this year :).

and of course, PR completely ignores the fact that few months ago they said they were increasing it to 25k, right? :)

8. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Winston reflects that the alleged increase in the chocolate ration to twenty grams was actually a reduction from the day before, but those around him seem to accept the announcement joyfully and without suspicion.

9. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Are we talking the "stop at red light" Silverado? . . . or the Malibu. I can't keep up!
    ;)