1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reversing Camera Fault T-Spirit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by priushybridtelford, Jan 1, 2011.

1. priushybridtelford

priushybridtelford New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hi All
    i am a newbie and have searched but can not find a post
    i have had my prius T-Spirit for several months and never had any issue until now

i pulled the car off the drive yesterday and the reversing camera was all cloudy and was unable to see behind me i have had a look at the camera and there seems to be moisture inside the camera (white fog)

any ideas how i get rid or is it a dealer fix ?

Thanks

2. stevemcelroy

stevemcelroy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just wipe the camera lens clean - on my car the camera is just above the rear license plate.

3. Airbalancer

Airbalancer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i have had a look at the camera and there seems to be moisture inside the camera (white fog)
    The OP say it look like something in the camera, you would think the first thing a person would to is wipe the camera clean
    It sounds like a dealer fix

4. Flaninacupboard

Flaninacupboard Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You could point a hair dryer at it for a few minutes, that would probably do the trick. Alternatively, take it to the dealer. swapping the camera would not be a big job, if they agree to do it. they will probably try the hair dryer trick first, though...

I've actually found the regular reverse sensors to be more useful then the camera, btw.

5. priushybridtelford

priushybridtelford New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    hi all i have booked it into my local dealer its got worse i can not see anything from the camera at all now

did not know if its a common issue as cant see how it would get moisture inside but it has been -18 over the last week so could be ice had damaged it ?

just dont want it happening again if it can be stopped ?

Thanks

Carl

6. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The camera has to be water/dust-proof. If you noticed moisture inside the comparment, let dealer fix it under warranty terms.