1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Revier taillights going bad HELP

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by trentofdestiny, May 12, 2014.

1. trentofdestiny

trentofdestiny Master Finagler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I know that these have problems sometimes. Now that it's summer, one column of LEDs in the left turn signal lights up dim instead of bright. What can I do? Is there someone who can fix them? I bought them used so I can't get factory replacement. I also don't think I can take them apart myself. I would buy Valenti instead maybe if my only option was to buy another set of taillights.

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The Valenti taillights can be opened up and individual LEDs replaced (as someone did to retrofit a rear fog lamp). However, I have no idea if Revier taillights are the same way or if they're like the Revier corner lamps which you can't open up without damaging them.

Your choice is either to try to find someone to have a go at it or get the Valenti lights. Except for a few duds right out of the box, I've never heard of Valenti lights going bad.

3. trentofdestiny

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well if someone wants to, they are welcome to try to fix it, I won't be able to drive the car but it would save $400

4. Grren4ever

Grren4ever Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    this is why I stay away from Taiwanese / Chinese made aftermarket stuff..

good luck.

5. trentofdestiny

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks. I didn't know where they were made, only that they were slightly cheaper than Valenti. I got a deal on them used and they worked at the time.

6. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Uh, no, many "made in Japan" aftermarket stuff (including Valenti) are actually build in Taiwan to cut down on manufacturing costs. What country it is made in has absolutely no bearing on quality and we know Valenti's quality is top notch (same with Apple products which are made in China).

trentofdestiny likes this.