1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

review: VentureShield

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by ashe, Jun 8, 2009.

1. ashe

ashe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i did some research on clear paint protection film and decided to go w/ ventureshield (over 3m). the ventureshield, as some of the guys on here had already noted, has less of an orange peel feel to it. i believe it is also a thicker film then 3m. what really sold me was the lifetime warranty. Invisible Patterns

i picked out a local installer here in orange county that did an amazing job on my prius. specialized auto tint: AUTO TINT parts covered: partial hood, partial fender, full bumper, headlights, fog lights, door seams, door handle cups & top of rear bumper. specialized also applied llumar window tint for my car.

the clear protection film is very smooth to the touch. it seems easy to keep clean. ventureshield recommends wiping it clean w/ plastic cleaner (e.g. plexus) if needed. only thing you have to be careful w/ is waxing the car. do not use power buffer. you also probably want to stay clear of the seams when waxing to minimize wax build up in those areas, althought it can easily be cleaned off so no big deal. the best part is no one seems to notice the clear bra is there. i had to point it out to friends when i asked them if they noticed anything different about my car.

here are some pics:

precision cutouts for prius
    [​IMG]

hood
    [​IMG]

headlight & fender
    [​IMG]

rear bumper
    [​IMG]

the often overlooked door handle cups & door edges/seams
    [​IMG]

its really difficult to tell its there...
    [​IMG]

the cost is very reasonable & down right a good investment. this is much nicer than those leather bras. total cost would be less than having your bumper repainted. since he gave me a great deal i wouldn't feel right posting what i paid, so best for you to contact your local installer for pricing info. it takes a full day to install, if you plan to cover as much parts as what i did to my car.

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I should have done the entire front fender & all 4 doors. How much is covered around the door handles?

3. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Very nice.
    I do regret not getting Rudy a clear bra when he was new. He has paint chips (cleverly covered by spots now) on the front.

If we were ever to get another new Prius, I'd definitely do a clear bra FIRST THING.

4. ashe

ashe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    just the cupped area behind the handles. i never would have thought of covering that area until the installer suggested it. you'll notice most cars have that area covered w/ scratches.

i wish i had it done right after i took the car from the dealer. i actually have a few tiny chips already when i had mine installed. i guess i was sitting on the idea for too long.