1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Revised maintenance schedule and prepaid service agreement (now only 5 oil changes compared to 11 pa

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by charansr, Mar 9, 2010.

1. charansr

charansr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Does anyone know how the pre paid service agreement will be adjusted to accommodate the revised maintenance schedule.

All I know I is I am now paying for 5 oil changes to the original 11 oil changes. I call in to cancel and I learn that I will lose close to 200 dollars (prorated for 5 months). My car has only 3500 miles (never used their service) and I have not used their so called road side assistance once.

I called in Toyota financials and they said they can’t or won’t help so I called Toyota customer relations and waited on the phone for 30 minutes listening to their unpleasant automated messages and gave up.

PS : I do understand that synthetic oil costs more but really is it more than double to cost?

2. liskipper

liskipper Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Re: Revised maintenance schedule and prepaid service agreement (now only 5 oil changes compared to 1

I also spoke to Toyota Financial with the same result, basically anyone who bought the pre-paid maintenance contract is screwed.
    A nice PR touch to the current mess - piss off your current owners.

3. going red baby!

going red baby! still a n00b

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Re: Revised maintenance schedule and prepaid service agreement (now only 5 oil changes compared to 1

The cost of synthetic shouldn't be a factor since that requirement never changed. I would make a lot of noise at the dealer and at Toyota Financial. I was within my 60 days when the news of the change came out so I canceled my prepaid because I was worried about losing money. Which reminds me... I have to call to make sure they credited my account...