1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rice Crispies and my IPOD don't mix

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by CheapChic, Mar 4, 2007.

1. CheapChic

CheapChic New Member

OK, I have had many cars with AUX inputs, but the prius is the worst

I plug my IPOD in and i get static and pop while playing..

What give, is there a TSB or dealer fix. ;)

2. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CheapChic @ Mar 4 2007, 09:06 AM) [snapback]399866[/snapback]</div>
    Couple of things--

First, how's your cable? I used a really cheap one that caused some noise. I replaced it, and it sounds fine.

Second, if your power cord is plugged into your iPod, too, that will cause some terrible feedback. There's a piece you can get to reduce this...search this board; I know there've been several posts about it.

It is possible that your AUX input is defective, of course, but these are the two things I would try first. Of course, test your iPod's output, too.

Hope this helps. I feel your frustration--my iPod is muy importante to me, too!

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Mar 4 2007, 06:12 AM) [snapback]399867[/snapback]</div>
    Yep. If unplugging the power cable to the iPod solves the prob, you need a ground loop isolator. I had his problem until I stumbled across the solution on this board or priusonline.com. This NEEDS to be a FAQ entry somewhere.