1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WTB Right Rear Tail Light Assembly

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by xwinger, Nov 3, 2008.

1. xwinger

xwinger xwinger

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I need a RIGHT REAR tail light assembly. Backed into a pole and cracked lense. Can I get the lens (plastic cover) or do I need the WHOLE thing. If you have one for sale, please reply.

Thanks

2. talonts

talonts VFAQman

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You need the whole thing, the outer cover is not available separately. Check Ebay, they pop up on there all the time. New price is ~$205 MSRP, $150ish discounted, so use that to gauge used prices.

Also note that if you find 04-05 taillights cheaply, they'll work just fine, and look better, as the top part is shaded to match the tinted lower window on the hatch. 06-7 will work fine too, and match the 08 in looks.

3. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    xwinger,

+1 on talonts comments.

I got a set of '05 tail lights for my '08 from these folks for $150, shipping
    included IIRC:

04 and newer Prius Parts Cars

Other posters have reported good prices/service from them as well.

As to the '04-'05 lights with the darker brake lights. FWIW, way back when,
    there were some reports of the '04 lenses melting in really hot climes. Word
    is that Toyota changed the plastic's formula for '05. The only way to tell the
    difference is the VIN of the donor vehicle... so you have to make a point of
    asking for '05s only.

Hope this helps.