1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Right side dash not coming on. Is there a fuse?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by qbui, Mar 5, 2017.

1. qbui

qbui Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    So my 12v battery died all of a sudden after not driving the Prius for a couple of days. When I got into the car, the light was dim. When I tried to press the Start button, the panel didn't come on or when it did, it was weird and the car wouldn't start. Tried few times and gave up. Next day, I used a battery charger to jump the Prius from the post on the driver side under the hood. Car started up and gasoline engine kicked on so I removed the charger. Was driving it out of the garage when I notice that the right side of the dash didn't come on. It's the side that shows how much the battery is charged or if I'm on battery or gasoline engine and mileage. The left side with the MPH is working fine. I decided not to drive it and parked the Prius again. Ordering a new Optima battery but was wondering if there's a fuse for the right side panel that maybe blew when I tried to jump start?
    Any help is appreciated!

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Have you tried the DISP button on the steering wheel to check for any signs of life?

-Chap

3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Not sure about the fuse, but I'd guess that the battery was still too dead to run your full display. Maybe running it longer or putting it on a charger for a while would have brought back the display. Still, the new battery is probably a good idea since the old was was so run down. Out of curiosity, how old was it?