1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rigid industries led duallies in oem fog lights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by OGGIE50, Oct 27, 2014.

1. OGGIE50

OGGIE50 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I Have done this same rigid lights mod in my Nissan Titan and these lights have the best and precise light pattern for the money.

I currently have ddmtuning his lights in the oem housings they look good but spray the light all over the place. It looks good but not great for idea light pattern

Rigid industries flood lights is what I choose since it's great for surface area and have the headlights control the far area.

I will be doing this install very soon but have to cut some areas to make fit and make a bracket to hold it in place. I will be taking pics and documenting along the way so if you choose to do the same you'll know what you are up against. Just by looking at it. It is time consuming but easy mod

Stay tuned.

Some say. A square like light and a round hole? You'll be amazed at the light output on these lights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

iPhone ?

... likes this.
  2. Chriskimak

Chriskimak New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    This looks great! I want to do the same thing! What did u bolt the light to? Do you have any more pictures of the install? Also how did you figure out the negative and positive wires? I'm not a wiring guy, so I have to ask.
    Thanks,
    Chris

3. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I'm sure they will provide great lighting over the OEM fog lights - but I don't see how you will be able to use them without offending other drivers since they are not projector style nor have a cut off shield to help aim the light like the oem foglights used.

I've done a Hella MicroDe foglight retrofit and it wasn't easy getting the light to fit. I'm currently working on a Hella 90mm projector light. I have found that projector lights provide better foreground lighting without causing any glare.

Now having said all that...if you don't care about blinding people with the glare from the lights...I still want to see how you mount this housing. :)