1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ro Ro In Action

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by hsnyder, Jul 17, 2012.

1. hsnyder

hsnyder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Cool article, video and pics of Prii rolling off "das boot" in Newark ...
    [​IMG]
    "For eight years, the Andromeda Leader has brought Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles across the Pacific to the United States in all seasons without incident, maintaining an accident-free record. Its captains have detoured to avoid rough seas, keeping a day’s cushion in reserve to maintain their promised arrival times.

that cargo has been arriving with urgency. Toyota said it expected imports through Newark to increase by nearly 20 percent this year compared with 2011, as the company rebounds from last year’s natural disasters in Japan and Thailand." -NYTimes, 7/13/2012

2. justalilbatty

justalilbatty Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That's the ship my C3 Summer Rain Metallic with MR & AW should be coming on. It can't come soon enough. Who's in charge of deciding which vehicles get shipped to which region anyhow?

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Japan decides - before each car ever gets loaded onto the ship. These logicians know exactly what stall each car will get parked in and on which level - and exactly when it will come off the boat. There are some great youtube videos of drivers loading them on. Here's one of the Leaf's going to the UK - and of the RORO full of Toyotas;
    Ro/Ro-vessel loading cars in South Korea - YouTube

4. justalilbatty

justalilbatty Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    LOL...When I asked who decides, I meant more specifically, who can I email and beg for my car to be sent to NJ on the ship. ;)