1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Road Salt Removal

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by crpriusv, Mar 22, 2013.

1. crpriusv

crpriusv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have a large accumulation of road salt crystals trapped behind my v's lower grill. This happened a couple of months ago while driving on the NJ Turnpike during a snowstorm. The car was pelted as it passed three or four trucks spraying salt across all of the lanes.

At first I worried about damage to the car's finish, but that was not a problem. Then yesterday I happened to look inside the lower grille and saw the large accumulation of crystals. I did manage to vacuum up some of them, but much remained stuck to the radiator and the nearby surfaces. Does anyone have ideas for cleaning them out short of removing the underside panels?

I guess one way might be to wait until warmer weather and try to wash them out with a hose....

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    use the self car wash spray nozzle on soap mode, it uses hot water and spray the heck out of it