1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Road Trip

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Springtime, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Springtime

Springtime Member

I have had my Prius for about 6 weeks and it had just over 1000 miles on it when today I took my first "road trip". Prior to today I had been driving to and from work (20 miles round trip each day) and local trips to the grocery store etc.

During the first six weeks my MPG ranged from 40 to 43MPG. Today I had to drive 130 miles round trip to pick up my brother, who will take over the feeding and care of my faithful 94 Tercel.

I did not monitor my MPG during the trip because the Sun angle made it nearly impossible to see the NAV screen or the digital display of the instrument panel during the trip. It was a combination of local and highway driving and at the end of the trip I was very pleased when I checked the screen to find that I had averaged 54.3 MPG for the 130 mile trip!

The round trip was a steady 3 hours of driving. I found the driver's seat very comfortable for that extended period of time. It was very easy to exceed the speed limit because the drive was smooth and I was doing 65 when it felt like 45mph.

All in all I was very pleased with the way the car handled and definately pleased with the 54.3 MPG average for the trip.

Sad to see my trusty 94 Tercel go - but, with any luck my brother will get another 10 years of good driving from that car. Me, I am already spoiled with my new Prius.

Springtime

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I completely understand. Got rid of my 96 Saturn last Thursday...it's now in the hands of someone I don't really know, thanks to the ease of Ebay. Hopefully it will bring them another 10 or so years of driving (or maybe at least 5, considering it had over 178K miles on it). I miss it somewhat, after having it as my primary car for the last 9+ years, but the joy of getting to drive the Prius instead has greatly lessened the pain of letting the Saturn go.

Glad to hear about the high mpgs on the roundtrip to pick up your brother. Unfortunately for me my first trip with the Prius is not for another month (OC to San Jose and back), unless my husband and I make an impromptu snowboard trip to Mammoth before then. :)