1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

RobertKrafts

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by AzusaPrius, Jan 13, 2023.

1. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So I responded to a private sale post and was informed by a user w84me who asked me to message through DM and that he may have bought it but then another user hit me up by DM RobertKrafts he said his friend is the owner.

He gave me the "owners" email
    [email protected]

Once I emailed the "owner" and asked a bunch of questions, he said his name was "Dave" and a number to contact 724-381-4528

Also a Zelle contact [email protected]
    With name Cynthia Custer (wife)

Once I got his number I did a search and quickly found out that user names like robertkraft(s)were tied to the number and scammer.

He looks at private sales and then posts his info or sends a DM.

His tactics and script is old and the same.

@Danny needs to ban all the ip's used for this user robertkrafts.

He tried so hard to get me to send him money, including a certain picture I was asking him to take with the muffler.

Unfortunately for him I could tell the muffler tip he was holding was not the muffler in the private sales post.

So I just continued to talk to get all the info above to post it here.

Stay alert everyone...

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've never had problems with Scammers on PriusChat... Thanks for all your work in ensuring that continues! Hopefully @Tideland Prius sees this thread and can update us on all the steps Danny and him take to keep our community scammer-free.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you suspect a scammer or a bot, report the post or user and we'll take care of it.

Unfortunately, some do slip through the cracks.

If anyone ever says "I know someone who wants what you're selling. Please contact them" and gives a phone number or e-mail, please report them to us and don't ever give them any information or contact them. Otherwise, they'll have your e-mail and/or phone number and they'll use it to spoof other calls/messages and you end up looking like the bad guy.