1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rogust get's his new Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rogust, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Rogust

Rogust New Member

[attachmentid=4030]
    :) Well, I'm one of the lucky ones who only had to wait 4 days to get THE ONE.
    Last Friday I rented an '05 from my local dealer, and returned it the next day with 472 miles on it. I loved it, and said I'd take the '06 they said was coming in Wed. Well, sure enough, they said someone had bought it Friday night after I left. :(
    I figured I'd be waiting a few months for another to come in, but Monday evening, I was driving through Keene NH I saw an '06 Silver, screeeeetch to a stop, run in...."Yes it's available", but we're closing in 2 minutes. My wife was in the car and she said "it will be there after the 4th". :eek: Aaargh... I hate delayed gratification, but I was going to be mature about it and told her she was right.
    I was at their door as they opened today, and Joel, the lucky salesman who was there got a nice sale for his 5th day on the job. The people there at Toyota of Keene are really great. 3 hours later I was driving off having traded in my Cadillac SLS on the shiny new Silver #7. It now has 178 miles on it at an average of 52.2 mpg. Not too bad for a newbie. Now I have 2 cars that get 52mpg (my wife has an '03 Jetta TDI), but I like mine TONS better.
    Thanks for all the helpful information you all have provided to help make up my mind. I've ordered the EV Switch and the front mask for starters, and soon to upgrade the tires to HE and maybe do the BT Plate.
    I posted a few pics to my album as well.
    Roger

Runnin' with the Big Dogs

2. Pollenfax

Pollenfax New Member

Congrats, Roger. That's a beauty!

You're going to love the car. Welcome to the fold. :)

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    lookin' sharp!

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations, Roger! Great color choice... :)

As others have said, the wait was worth it! LOL :D

5. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius