1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rolling death trap? Or nice commuter vehicle

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by hycamguy07, Aug 6, 2007.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd hate to get passed by a semi on the interstate, in one of these babies.... You'd end up in the trees.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to hand it to them though what a concept, like a covered motorcycle w/four wheels and you can do burn outs when the kids laugh at you.. B)

Or for the folks that really digged the Dr. Suess book cars. :rolleyes: :lol: B)
    [​IMG]
    http://www.electric-bikes.com/one-cars.htm

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Great... er... what's your question, exactly? The Tango is more stable than most cars on the road - certainly easier to control next to a semi on the interstate than a motorcycle, or a motorhome.

Yup, there are some odd-looking EVs out there. There are also some odd-looking gas cars out there... and some gas-car-looking EVs. :shrug:

3. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess I'd have to drive it before passing judgement. It looks like it would flip over if I looked at it the wrong way but who knows. Depends on where the CG is. I can't afford it anyway.

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ Aug 6 2007, 10:58 AM) [snapback]491366[/snapback]</div>

Too funny!

5. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brick @ Aug 6 2007, 04:45 PM) [snapback]491573[/snapback]</div>
    Yup, the CG is below the axels. I've got track video of these beating Porches around slalom tracks. Yes, these power slide around the corners with the best of them. The secret is the battery ballast at wheel level. Even if you did knock it over, it would bounce back upright like the Bozo-the-clown puching bag I had as a kid. :)

Man, there are MANY way more unstable cars running around on our roads that nobody gives a second thought to. SUVs, anybody? These LOOK unstable, but aren't. And they're more crash worthy than most "safe" cars as well. Reinforced doors and a complete passenger cage makes these Nascar-safe. But alas... the price.

6. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'd rather drive one of these: :D
    [attachmentid=10428]

Attached Files:

7. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(alanh @ Aug 6 2007, 10:10 PM) [snapback]491651[/snapback]</div>

I like that

8. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

I like the car, but that's not George Clooney in the photo. :)

9. Duffer

Duffer Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    A cool concept that I hope recieves the developement it needs to become accepted. A vehicle like this could really help ease; traffic congestion, parking shortages, lower the price of parking in cities, environmental concerns.

10. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    To be honest I liked the Suess Mobile,

The fin car, looks like a 45 degree turn at hwy speeds and your eating dirt through the windows...

The Price tag is a little much, looks like a electric Go-Cart for the rich & famous .

Imagine sitting at a light in traffic in Anywere USA :mellow: and group of kids pulls up next to you.. They start pointing and snickering at your 108,000.00 , sardine can on wheels.!! :eek: You decide I'll show them <_< and white smoke the tires thru the intersection... ;)

As another poster points out it could be a "Weeble Mobile" (remember weebles? the egg shaped toys. weebles wobble but they dont fall down)

Look the Tango is really a two seater:
    [​IMG]

Darrell heres one that will make you sick.: crushed EV-1's
    [​IMG]

Intresting Article:
    http://whyfiles.org/005electcar/

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/25/paul.commentary/index.html