1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Roof racks on 2014 with Solar/Glass Sunroof?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Sydney Walker, Dec 22, 2022.

1. Sydney Walker

Sydney Walker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hello - Does Thule, Yakima, Rola or ? make a rack that will mount on a 2014-15 Prius with a solar/glass roof AND still enable you to open and close the sunroof? If so, could you tell me which company and model? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you - Syd

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I don't know that for a fact but I would think just the height kit the proper height kit on your rack would allow the roof to open slide and tilt etc I know on older Toyotas that I have owned Thule and Yakima fit kits allowed my tilt n slide S roof to function . I would think the Prius with similar tilt and slide sunroof as my older Toyotas would be basically the same setup but I don't know this to be a fact You can get different height feet kits for the various racks so as long as your rack bars are sitting up off the roof enough for the sunroof to tilt and or slide back you should be good to go because of that little extra height that will cause you to need the spoiler on the front bar to keep the bars from making a racket from wind buffeting without the spoiler You will need that I tried not having that and that was disastrous made horrific noise and racket.