1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rosen HU installer on Long Island?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Chachabah16, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Chachabah16

Chachabah16 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi folks. I know, I know, everyone says it's soooo easy. However, I am seriously mechanically inept! :mad:

I just purchased a new (P11) Rosen head unit from Phil at Trail Duty. Now I need a good installer on Long Island to get this job done.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

c ~

2. Ragz

Ragz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I had mine done at Sound Dimensions on Underhill in Syosset. Great job, everything works

3. Chachabah16

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks Ragz! A few questions. First, did they ground the blue parking wire so you can watch DVDs (the passenger) while the car is in motion? Where did they mount the sat and nav antennas? And of course, price? :)

Thanks so much!

4. Chachabah16

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks Ragz! A few questions. First, did they ground the blue parking wire so you can watch DVDs (the passenger) while the car is in motion? Where did they mount the sat and nav antennas? And of course, price? :)

Thanks so much!

5. Ragz

Ragz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I did ask them to do that, but they put in a toggle switch to allow me to watch wjile moving. The sat antenna is on the roof above the rear view mirror, magnet, the nav is on top of the dashboard, drivers side next to the windshield. I didnt tell them where to put anything, thats just where they put it. The price was not expensive, i dont really remember. i have used them alot to put in things that i bought for this car. they are reasonable and do a good job. You can call and ask them 516-364-5599 Paul or Lou. Tell them the guy with the Blue Prius gave you the number.

6. Chachabah16

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks again Ragz. By the way, your Prius looks AMAZING! Love it! From the looks of the pictures, you didn't have the Rosen installed at the time. I don't see a satellite antenna on the roof in front of the rear view mirror. Does having the antenna on the roof in the front bug you? Meaning, does it disrupt the "flow" of the car? Also, what about the nav antenna inside the cabin on the dash? Is it obtrusive?

Reason I ask, is because I spoke with Paul today from Sound Dimensions! He will be doing my install first thing Saturday morning. I am wondering if I should buy a longer connector and have the satellite antenna on the back of the roof, by the shark fin. And if I should ask to have the nav antenna installed inside the dash.

Let me know your thoughts, and THANKS again!

7. Ragz

Ragz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The sat on top doesnt really bother me the nav on the dash is right in front of my face so if i was to do it again i would prefer to hide them. Good luck. BTW i love the Rosen.

8. Chachabah16

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks Ragz! Last question, did Sound Dimensions do your side mirrors as well? They are sick! Love em!

Thanks again!

c ~

9. Ragz

Ragz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    yes, they also intalled my led headlights, led emblem, illuminated door sills and the rosen backup cam. I supplied all if it

10. Chachabah16

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sick! Send me a link for the side mirror lights/mod if you can. Love em! I let you know how the install goes on Saturday.

c ~

11. Ragz

Ragz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    i dont have the link anymore.
    I bought them from sigma auto.