1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rosen Installed

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Ragz, May 2, 2011.

1. Ragz

Ragz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Had the Rosen Nav installed this weekend, with Sirius/Ipod/Rear Camera. Although I was tempted to do it myself, I decided to forgo the probable cursing, sweating and Wth is this wire for? question and had my local car audio guy do it. Initally I can tell you that his unit does alot of things. The Ipod hook up is great. All the controls and info are right on the display, plug it in and forget it. Ther rear camera is crystal clear and can be acessed at any time without shifting in reverse. I have only had the nav on for my morning comute, but the map is easy to see plus it shows you next exit signs, your speed and direction. I have not tried to enter a destination yet. I just activated the Sirius and it works, not much else to say about that. I doubt i will ever watch a DVD, but i can. The faceplate, as you all know matches the car and looks stock, so all in all, so far so good.

2. putty

putty Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    the real headache was ruining the camera wire to the back, as I cursed my way through it I wished I had someone installing it for me, I put in the flyaudio unit

3. javilesi

javilesi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Nice! Stock feel is good. Having all those controls around the screen really takes advantage of all that space. For me, I went with aftermarket look because I felt that Rosen and Flyaudio fall a bit short (no traffic radar or support for the phone buttons on the steering wheel).

BTW, you just reminded me to tell everyone that my new nav sys (Pioneer z130) does NOT have those annoying ads that my Garmin displays.

4. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    FYI - avic411.com has good Pioneer support - they just hacked the F30 (Euro version of Z130). Someone even got iGo8 running (though it'll take a bit to get the bugs worked out).

5. javilesi

javilesi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Thanks for the info. I am checking out the hack to view vids while on the drive, hopefully will also allow address entry and not screw with gps. Weary about tinkering with the equipment, just too much $$$ to test around

6. Ragz

Ragz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Loving the Rosen HU. So far everything works well. Bluetooth phone, clear sound, i like the number pad and contols on the screen. Ipod function is so much better than an aux connector. Full control and display is great. The Nav also works great although the speed limit warning voice is kind of funny. Maps, routes, directions, all easy to follow. I am sure that there are things that are not as good as others or may not work as well, but overall I think this unit has alot of good stuff in it.