1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rosen or FlyAudio Pictures...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Danorob, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Danorob

Danorob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am torn between the Rosen Unit, and the FlyAudio Unit...

Can anyone who has either of these installed post a few pictures of the units at night so we can see if the illumination matches that of the factory portions of the dash? A few operational pictures would be nice as well...

Also a FlyAudio question - I know this unit allows you to choose your own Nav Software, but how do you get this software, and how did you install it into the unit ??? If there a cost for this software ???

Does the FlyAudio Unit come with any Nav software at all installed when you get the unit??

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Fraychild

Fraychild New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just installed a Rosen unit in our week-old 2010 Prius... I'll post the pics up soon of the install... Not a bad unit. Ipod/Steering Wheel/Navigation works like a charm and it straight plug and play. The only issue I have is that I'm used to installing GPS antennas on cars rooftops... Unfortunately, the Rosen's antenna came with a 9-foot long cable... So I have to explore other options like the dash OR get me 16 footer... My previous JVC KW-NX7000 navigation unit (on sale now) sported a 16' cable and I had no problem running to the back lid on my old Ford Edge.

1 person likes this.
  3. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. Danorob

Danorob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank You - I have to admit I was leaning towards the Rosen from the Start, but any pictures you could post would be a great help...

Let us also know you feeling on the overall operation of the unit...

Thanks again,
    Dan

5. Fraychild

Fraychild New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I added some pics of the install here: http : // priuschat . com / forums / members / fraychild-albums-rosen-navigation-picture5125-mg-4002.html

Apparently, I don't have 5 posts yet to post links on here ... just remove the unnecessary spaces...