1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rosen + Prius III Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mkhan01, Jan 29, 2011.

1. mkhan01

mkhan01 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    couple of questions regarding Rosen Nav HU + 2010 Prius III:

1. Regarding JBL harness.. do you use part #: DPTYJBL1 or DPTYJBL2?

2. Do the Prius III bluetooth/handfree steering wheel controls work w/ Rosen?

3. Does the backup camera engage on reverse or does it have to be manually engaged?

Thanks

MoeK

2. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    1. I dont know.
    2. No
    3. Yes

1 person likes this.
  3. mkhan01

mkhan01 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks, I completed putting in the Rosen, here is what I learned:

1. JBL Harness: DPTYJBL1.
    2. Bluetooth controls: 2/3 work (answer (off hook), and hangup (on hook) work; multi function doesnt work b/c there is no voice activated bluetooth).
    3. Reverse does indeed work as long as reverse wire is wired and configured to auto-engage in Rosen settings.

4. tkoo

tkoo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Question, I just wired my backup cam and rosen unit. Where am I supposed to wire the reverse wire to?

I wired the power from the camera to the reverse light and know that the camera works because I can enter it manually only while in reverse, but the unit will not automatically go into the camera mode.

Am I supposed to route the blue "Reverse" wire on the back of the rosen somewhere?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

5. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You could start by searching backup camera - many have done it - and it's probably in these forums 20+ times.

You can get it under the dash - but I never was clear where - or at the reverse light in the back drivers light assembly (you use a Radio Shack "T" wire tap - small size) - you then run the wire from there up front (along with the camera output wire(s).