1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rosie O'Donnell:Radical Christians Pose Islamofascist Threat

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Aug 27, 2007.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    To many of you this is old news, I saw the video clip on sunday, and just couldnt believe it was done on national TV... Just shocking.. :eek:

I see it everyday here on FHOP, but not in TV... ;) :lol: :mellow:

Wow Rosie has finally flipped her lid.... :huh:

Thank god for Elisabeth Hasselbeck speaking her views... You can just see the hate in the eyes of Hasselbecks co-stars.... ;)

Give it time and other hollywood nutjobs will come out of the I Hate America Closet. :blink:

Where is she now?

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I laugh in the face of blind patriotism, nationalism, or ethnocentrism or whatever name you choose to give it. If the United States is wrong then it should not be supported in it's decisions period. Just like our military personnel, we are brain washed to simply obey orders and not to think on our own. If you consider "free thinkers" and those trying to follow a truely biological moral path as "America Haters" then you sir need to attend some philosophy and ethics classes and maybe toss in a few regarding history, biology, and anthropology. I'll add they must be up to date, if you attended these classes prior to the 80's then the information in your head needs to be updated. :)

As for Rosey, I don't keep up on tabloid garbage so I cannot comment on her views. :rolleyes:

3. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Aug 27 2007, 11:37 AM) [snapback]502744[/snapback]</div>
    Now you know why people in power like religion. How hard is it to turn blind religious followers into ardent nationalistic "patriotic" followers? You don't need evidence to ply the sheep in either instances, all you need is that infallible trait, "faith." What do the islamofascists and religious zealots in the US have in common? They both believe God is on their side and both believe that killing the other side is the solution in the name of their God.

4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Army of God

5. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Any form of religion respect, even to moderates, gives validity to more radical forms. That's why religious ideas should not deserve any more or less respect than ideas from other human endeavors.

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is from March? And who really puts a lot of credence in what Rosie says? She is what she is, she's not quiet or subtle about her views and she's certainly not going to sway anyone from their existing beliefs. I find all this irrelevant and hardly worth the time it took to post it all.

Regarding the comments themselves...the ones about the British soldiers are clearly off the wall. And taken out of context or interpreted literally many of the rest of her comments seem a bit over the top, but the general concept is sound. The radical extremes of ANY religion or group of people have the potential for danger. Christian extremists no less so than Muslim extremists...whether they are currently involved in terrorist activity is a different matter, but the beliefs and ideals of those groups create the potential of such behaviors when opportunity presents.

7. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well Said Doc.

I think Hycam's point, though was less about the nutjob Rosie may or may not be (or WAS back in March), and more about connecting her to "them dirty liberals"

"I see it everyday here on FHOP, but not in TV..."
    Followed by...
    "Give it time and other hollywood nutjobs will come out of the I Hate America Closet."
    A subtle use of the transitive property of association.

8. Essayons

Essayons Essayons

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Aug 27 2007, 12:37 PM) [snapback]502744[/snapback]</div>

I have a simple question for you....have you served in the military do you know anyone who has served recently? If not how would you know if they are brainwashed. Seeing as that I have finished the Command and General Staff course, I can tell you that they encourage 'free thinking' or don't always assume that the way you always think is the best way. I can tell you that thinking 'on our own' is one of the strengths of the US soldier.

What is a "truely biological moral path"? Sounds like: what I do that makes me feel good is OK therefore it is 'moral'.

Plus I think the point he was trying to make is that Rosie doesn't really understand Islam and how dangerous Iran is right now. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was elected (really) as an economic reformer but despite the high price of oil the economy has stagnated. Each time there is bad news he starts posturing against the US and the West. But many in Iran are now calling him a dictator and part of the reason why they are starting to tone down their retoric (He said that Israel should be wipe from the map the holocaust was a good thing) is he needs the West.
    Islam at it's root allows and condones violence. Don't confuse what Christians have done in the name of God with what Christ wanted us to do (love your neighbors, turn the other cheek, and blessed are the peacemakers). Muhammad was a general of an army that waged war on their neighboring tribes.

9. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Essayons:

F8L said nothing about Iran or Rosie.

He was defending people's rights to be free thinkers without be condemned to the title of "America Hater" as Hycam was clearly applying to Rosie and subtly applying to anyone else who questions our government.

To call Rosie a nutjob is pretty fair, to call her an "America hater" is clear hyperbole.

10. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    And the reason why you pay any attention to what Rosie says is...? I caught the View now and then just before she got canned just so I could watch the cute Republican chick beat the snot out of Rosie in debate. I have no idea what Rosie ever said because she's not worth listening to.

11. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Aug 27 2007, 01:33 PM) [snapback]502841[/snapback]</div>
    Good point Darwood.

On a less serious note, I saw this picture a while ago and thought it was pretty hilarious. Think "Khalid Sheikh Mohammed". :lol:

[​IMG]

12. pogo

pogo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ Aug 27 2007, 09:28 AM) [snapback]502739[/snapback]</div>
    Very old.

13. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Essayons @ Aug 27 2007, 12:26 PM) [snapback]502837[/snapback]</div>
    My post was directed at Hycam and his fairly regular jibes at liberals and what he calls "America Haters".

That being said, my brother is a currently serving marine and I have dozens of friends that are employed in the Air Force (Travis AFB) or Marines (Bridgeport or Pendalton). I am very familiar with the education level of these individuals and we have great discussions on various subjects quite often. I stand by my earlier remarks. With but a few exceptions most of these friends are IMO "brainwashed". I know it sounds rude but since the vast majorty of our population is also "brainwashed" by media and marketing experts I do not see my comment being too rude to any one individual since I counted myself among them at one time. ;)

By biological morality I am simply refering to basic morality that is coded within us genetically (through natural selection) and need not be learned from the pages of a book or even by a society. There are some great ideas on this subject and if you are truely interested I will either find them or copy them down for you. Facisinating information indeed. :)

I am very aware of the intentions of Islamic extremists and I do not have a soft spot in my heart for them like some other liberals might. Reading passages in the Quran would have eliminited any "innocence" I would have previously attributed to those who live their lives by that book. Same goes for Christianity and book they follow which is made up of bits and pieces of madness by multiple authors over way too many centuries. IMO of course.

My question then to you is, how can you reconcile:

"(love your neighbors, turn the other cheek, and blessed are the peacemakers)"

with the host of terrible quotes contained throughout the bible in Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Judges, and Revelation? I understand many will say that these verses cannot be taken literally but how else are they supposed to be taken? Shall we simply cherry pick the best parts of the bible (in it's various reforms) and forget the bad stuff is but a few pages away? It sounds rather weird to me. Especially when those exact sentiments you wrote were "what Christ wanted us to do" can be seen in various cultures that have nothing to do with christianity, god, Jesus, or anything attached to Judaism. They can also be explained biologically through the ideas presented in natural selection and anthropology. I firmly believe religion is not a required source of teaching for moral behavior. I have been against religion most of my life or at a minimum, indifferent to it, yet I feel the golden rule is a good one but which if often claimed by followers of christianity even though it is used by many cultures worldwide even in the absence of organized religion. In a nutshell I am a hard worker, a caring person, I do not do drugs or smoke and drink very little, I help in my community and live my life in an effort to create conditions that are condusive to life. I do this because it feels right and my studies in ecology and living systems seem to agree with this feeling. God and religion had nothing to do with it. Your views may be different from my own but I am not going to kill you for that reason. That is the difference between an atheist and a religious extremist (muslim and christian). We are not motivated to kill you because your views are different. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Aug 27 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]502841[/snapback]</div>
    That is correct and I thank you. I also realize I get a bit overzealous in these posts but much of it is due to an irritation with the OP (and my friends who act like he does) and not as much the topic. Either way it is wrong but I'll admit my lack of restraint and take my lumps for it. :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boulder Bum @ Aug 27 2007, 02:09 PM) [snapback]502882[/snapback]</div>
    That is actually quite funny. :lol: