1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

RottenNeighbor.com

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by NoMoShocks, Feb 27, 2008.

1. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    How many people have checked out rottenneighbor.com?
    Locate, Rate, and Share Good and Bad Neighbors Before and After You Move

This site is CRAZY. It has a Google Earth type arial view where you can zoom in on anyone's house and if you are registered, you can post any comments you want. Then it places a little red or green Monopoly House looking Icon on that house and anyone can click on the icon to see what people said about them.

I think it is lawsuits waiting to happen. I guess they are policing the comments somewhat, becuase you can flag inappropriate comments for delete, but how are they going to stay on top of that. Maybe I should register so I can post PriusChat Member over my house and say what a fantastic guy and family and kids live there.

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Wow. Facebook and MySpace for Adult juveniles. Some people never grow up.

When I was going to buy my house.....I knocked on a few doors up and down the street and I asked people about the neighborhood...and the neighbors. I also talked to the tenants in the house. They had nothing to lose giving me honest answers to all of my questions. They were more than helpful and spot on. They even came back once to visit, see how I fixed up the place and tell me a few more stories.

3. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yeah, talking to the neighbors is a good idea before you buy a house. When I bough my first house, I was too nieve to do this. We didn't have much furniture when we first started out, so I was laying on the living room carpet watching TV and I noticed a urine smell. Obviously I stopped watching TV from the floor until we could replace the carpet.

I mentioned to our new neighbor about my observation and said I think they had animals in the house. His replay was yes, and you'll never guess what kind of animals. Imediately, I guessed sheep (because there were sheep on the bathroom whall paper) and he said you are right. He said the kids were in 4H and they had built make shift stalls in the garrage, but that they also had the sheep walking around the house with baby diapers on.

Apparently, they were not Huggies, or at least they the diapers didn't fit correctly. That neighbor clued me in that you should always talk to the neighbors for free information before buying a new house. Then you can decide what you wish to believe and if it matters to you.

Of course, I got wrapped up in all the excitement when I bought my second home and forgot this step agian. The property disclosure statement said there had never been any water problems in the basemnet but we had a flood in there the first year. The neighbors told me that the original owner had had this problem again and again and the lawyers said it would cost more to go after them than it would cost to fix it.

4. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I just looked through the minneapolis/st paul area on there, and i have to say, it was about what i expected - 95% negative comments on houses. no one is going to log in there to post positive comments, because when things are going well you just don't think about it. Sure, the intention of the site is great, but it's going to end up just being a place for people to vent their anger at their neighbors, and the last thing you want is to be looking for a place to live and comparing the lengths of negatives about each place...

5. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    apparently we're crashing their server because this is extremely slow.

6. BIGGDOGG

BIGGDOGG New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am so Joining that, lol. I live in an apartment and my neighbor loves to play her music all sorts of loud in the early morning everyday. She is pushing 50yrs old for cripes sake. And then this morning I heard her outside my window talking on her nextel walkie talkie thing at 7:15 a.m.(the window near my bed, I was sleeping)
    I am not one to complain but I have said things before and obviously she is too ignorant to realize. That's why in a year I will be in a nice house with solar panels and all and she will still be unemployed pissing off the new Neighbors.........
    I just had to Vent a little.
    Maybe someone has complained about her already on that site.....