1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Route Preview

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TonyPSchaefer, Jul 9, 2005.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hardly a month goes by anymore that I don't find something new about the Prius. I say month now because I think I have found or read all the seemingly obvious ones. This one made me start laughing.

I've never a nav system before, so I enjoy using it whenever I can. Yesterday I programmed the location of a convention I attended today. Then I started playing around with the buttons. Tapping "Route" presented three buttons including one called "Route Preview". Sounded interesting so I tapped it.

I was presented with a map showing my current location. Along the bottom of the screen were the follwing VCR-like buttons:
    [|<] [<] [>] [>|]

Well, buttons are meant to be pushed so I tapped the [>] and would you believe that Priapus showed me a movie of my entire route. Not just a bird's-eye-view of the route, but from any zoom level I desired I could literally watch the entire drive. And when the movie ended, I was at the desitnation. I hit [<] and the trip went backwards.

I just sat in my car and laughed out loud.

Here are other things I learned:
    [|<] takes you back to the starting point
    [>|] takes you to the final destination
    When the movie is in motion, the [>] button turns into [>>] which is "faster forward".
    The backward button changes from [<] to [<<] for "faster backward".

Just wanted to share with the group.

2. tag

tag Senior Member

:lolup:

I love that! The route preview is a riot. But, along the same line (if you want a good laugh), look at the way the NAV tried to route me for a recent trip from Schaumburg to Elk Grove:

From Higgins Rd, north on Barrington Rd to I-90E. East on I-90 to I-290. East on I-290 to Biesterfield Rd exit. West on Biesterfield to Rohlwing Rd. South on Rohlwing to Nerge Rd. West on Nerge to Meacham Rd. North on Meacham to Dakota Dr.

The route I took: East on Higgins Rd to Meacham. South on Meacham to Dakota Dr. GEEZ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

We were in a Honda Accord last week and got to see the navigation system working the way it is suppose to work. While you are driving!! We were in a realtor's car and my husband was up front programming in addresses as we went. I was soooo jealous!

Can't wait for Coastal Tech to get that bypass finished and out.