1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

RS*R Springs

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by dculber, Jul 6, 2007.

1. dculber

dculber New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    OK, many of you have seen the Prius with the RS*R springs, but where can I buy them at? I looked at Sigma Auto and they have them for $800+ which is INSANE!! They should be about $300-$350 according to sites that sell the same springs for other cars.... Does anyone know where I can get them at for a decent price? I cant justify buying the TRD suspension for close to $1000 then paying another $200+ to have it installed. I know the TRD is good, but not $900+ better :blink: ...

If anyone has installed any other springs on their Prius, please let me know what brand, where you purchased and if you are pleased with them....

Thanks....

2. bobdavisnpf

bobdavisnpf Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dead Ringer @ Jul 6 2007, 09:53 AM) [snapback]474081[/snapback]</div>
    um, how about $1600 better, plus tax and shipping? ...the going rate for install of the TRD suspension kit is $700, not "$200+".

You could call RS*R direct and see if they want to sell you a set of Ti2000's for the Prius. Not sure if Sigma has an exclusive deal with RS*R, if it is a low-volume manufacture driving up the price, if you get 2 of what RS*R would charge $399 each for, or if Sigma has a 120% markup... considering Sigma's pricing on other gear I really doubt they are marking it up any more than you'd expect any retailer to do.

And actually no, I have never seen a Prius with RS*R springs... not that I'm looking. The TRD suspension kit seems to be the hands-down favorite, and yes, Sigma is a popular place to get it.

3. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I did a bit of research on the RSR's before buying the TRD setup; a poster here on PC who did the install said that he couldn't align the front end without hacking into the suspension; the RSR springs took it beyond the range of adjustment.

Also, the TRD setup comes with new shocks and struts.

Adding new springs alone doesn't seem like the best way to go, in my opinion. I've gone that route before and it was a bit disappointing. I don't know...the TRD setup is complete...I had the Toyota dealer install it for me...it works great, and I expect it to last the life of the car (which for me is until it dies). Seems like money well spent.

Got mine from Carson Toyota: www.newtoyotaparts.com. Cost: $900-some-odd-dollars + about $350 for the install at the dealer.

4. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    From experience... buying a TRD suspension is probably the best way to go on your toyota... A while ago I owned a Corolla and went and bought the TRD kit... it was pretty expensive also... not 900$ but maybe in the 400$ range...

Comparing my car to the same models with different springs... personally I think there was no match for the TRD kit in feeling and handling..

900$ for this kit is a lot... but hey... i did it again im waiting for mine to arrive probably this week bought it from Carson Toyota. I'll let you know if the experience is as good as the last time ;)

5. dculber

dculber New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    well, guess I shouldn't be a cheapskate.. looks like I will wait a little longer and just do the TRD since it is a complete kit that is made for the Prius.

Thanks for the comments guys..