1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rt 22 Toyota/Who should I send COMPLAINT letter?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by radtech, Oct 22, 2005.

1. radtech

radtech New Member

I have had a TERRIBLE experience with this GREEDY, UNPROFFESSIONAL,and DISHONEST dealer. I figure I should send a letter to the owner of the dealership as well as Toyota Corporate. After being lied to again and again, I cancelled my order and requested a refund. I'll be using another dealer. Thanks!!

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

I can tell you from experience that sending a letter to Toyota Corporate will get you no satisfaction, in fact it will only furhter enrage you. I sent them a polite letter a few weeks ago concerning my lieing dealership and my 06' order I have had in since July and all you get is a pre-written excuse that really doesn't deal with the concerns you contacted them about. I really want this car so I'm just hanging in there but if you don't care either way be glad you got your money back and just forget Toyota...

3. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

Yikes! Don't forget Toyota... find another Toyota dealership. I have found two that I like and use for oil changes, etc. These two have problems just like the rest but I feel comfortable with their know-how regardless. It's a great car and you should not let one bad experience turn you off to it. I'd write the letter to corporate. Whether it gets you somewhere or not, they need to know about your experience. Good luck in finding a better dealership. They're out there.

:)

4. mark_hamrick

mark_hamrick New Member

I agree with heliotropehead...There are many honest dealerships out there. I have a great relationship with my dealer here in Denver (Elway Toyota/Scion). Don't let this one dealer keep you from the Prius experience!

5. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Are you talking about Crystal Automall in NJ?

6. radtech

radtech New Member

No,this was RT 22 TOYOTA in Hillside,NJ

7. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I once stopped there with my friend. No one hardly spoke any English there. Worst f**king dealer on the East Coast for sure. I have no idea why you would have even gave them a deposit. I bought my Prius from a dealer in Scranton PA. It was a wonderful experience. I live on Long Island and have it serviced at Westbury Toyota. Find another dealer.

8. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

I don't know... DCH on Route 1 in New Brunswick can be pretty bad as well. Their service department is, hands down, one of the best around. They're excellent. But their sales staff is awful. When my Prius died for the first time (after owning it for 2 days), I was having some trouble getting a loaner (it was after the service dept. had closed). I saw my sales guy who actually said to me "It's your car now, it's not my problem anymore", and then he walked away.

Stunning.

9. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

Wow... that's incredibly unprofessional. If it had problems 2 days after you bought it, it would qualify under most Lemon Laws... do not know about NJ... and the dealer should have explained that to you the day that you picked up the car...