1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rubber Step/Cover for top of Back Bumper

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by bwalkhouse, May 18, 2005.

1. bwalkhouse

bwalkhouse New Member

I've got a large dog, and she's scratched up the paint getting in and out of the vehicle. SUV's often sport this type of rugged rubber step and I wondered if anyone had tried putting one in on their Prius...

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes, I have a rear bumper protector from the Toyota Matrix on my prius. Ir works well but there is another type available on eBay that wraps over the top edge. Mine came from http://www.brandsport.com/bupr.html

There is a picture of this bubper protector on the Vancouver Taxi in the photos on this site.

3. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    Here's a pic for ya of the Matrix rear bumper cover. Got it from Toyota dealer for about $38 US. It fits well, looks great and protects that vulnerable 'step' perfectly.

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've got one.

I've got the one from ebay.

It doesn't go up the sides like the previous picture. It does lap over the edge. It's a fairly hard plastic. It attaches with two rows of 3M adhesive tape and I put it on myself.

My dog sits in the front seat. (He's only 45 lbs.) It might protect your bumper from the claw marks, but putting it on is the only way to be sure.

(BTW, finman....love the bumper stickers.)