1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rug Doctor Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bigmichaelkim, Dec 21, 2016.

1. bigmichaelkim

bigmichaelkim Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Has anyone used the rug doctor to clean cloth upholstery on a prius? Is it safe? One thing that concerns me is the battery pack below the rear seat, will steam or any heat from the rug doctor cause any issues?

If yall are curious why I plan on using a rug doctor it is mainly because I drive for lyft part time and I clean religiously but am afraid their is a lot of dirt building up on my car...

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

RCO likes this.
  2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Make sure you clean the air intake for the battery. It is located on the lower passenger side of the back seat, near the floor.

3. bigmichaelkim

bigmichaelkim Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    ^are you recommending I do this prior to using the rug doctor? Or just a general word of advice for a prius owner? Any advice helps btw. Thanks for responding.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It is just a general word of advice for a vehicle that may see an unusual amount if dust & dirt. You do not want to risk the traction battery getting too warm.
    upload_2016-12-21_18-46-34.png