1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rumor about Packages 4, 7, and 9. . .

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Chimera, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Chimera

Chimera New Member

This morning a dealer in Maryland told me after April, the Mid-Atlantic Region will not be receiving any more of packages 4, 7 and 9. They will instead receive 5 and 8.

Has anyone else heard this????

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

No idea -- I tried going to the BuyToyota web site, to see what option packages are available, but it kept "timing out"

The part about no more package #9s runs contrary to the rumor going around that Toyota was changing the overall ratio of their option packages so that more #9s are produced overall.

However, the #9 rumor is a rumor. Though it makes sense from Toyota's standpoint -- given the demand, sell customers the most expensive model available.

3. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    They presumably weren't selling #7s north of Pennsylvania ( based on the webb site) but when I talked to the local dealer about a TRAC, he said "You can't trust the web site" He checked his info and said he is getting some.

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It would greatly surprise me if they stopped selling the most expensive (#9) package in any given region. I cannot imagine a fully-loaded model being unavailable based on geography. I bet the rumor is false.

5. Dianne

Dianne New Member

In Southern CA, our package mix is 70% package 9, and the other two packages we get, 3 and 6 are 15% each respectively. There are regions that have a harder time selling the 9's so their production of them may be so low, it seems nonexistent. That's a possibility.

Dianne