1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Running great - but lights still on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by alf56, Oct 1, 2018.

1. alf56

alf56 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2005 with 180k miles - ran great - no problems - started it up the other day and got 1/2 mile from my house and got the red triangle, check engine, skidding light, brake light, VSC and ABS light. Turned around - took it home, shut it off and couldn't start it again. It would turn on, but wouldn't really start up and I couldnt shut it off normal way. Had it towed to my garage (non toyota) They got lots and lots of codes and said it had the original batteries - so replaced both. Car runs great but still have the brake, ABS and VSC light on, after all was cleared. Have codes C1203, C1345. They thought maybe it would all clear after we drove it 100 miles. No luck. How could all this go at once without a minute of problem before?

the original codes were C2318, C1259, C1310, P3000, P3030. I think there were more, also. They tried a new 12v since it was the original toyota battery and it started and drove for a minute but died again. So the new Hybrid battery was replaced and it started right up and has been driving great - except for the lights and codes left.

SFO likes this.