1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rust, Paint Damage, and After Market Coatings

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by James85, Jun 19, 2015.

1. James85

James85 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hello,

I just purchased a 2015 Prius Five (Liftback, not the Prius V), and I'm curious if an after market coating like the Ziebart Diamond Gloss is worth it. I plan to keep the car for 20 years or more, and I'm certain that the factory clear coating and under body rust protection won't last that long. After that long, I don't think there's any coating in existence which will hold up to nature. So I'm debating on whether to get this coating, and whether it's better than something I could hand apply. At the moment I'm leaning toward getting those coatings applied in maybe ten years, because I think that applying a new protective coating on top of the factory applied coatings is overkill. I greatly appreciate your thoughts on the matter!

James

2. James85

James85 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Also, I should say the coatings I'm looking at are applied by Ziebart -- anti-rust applied to the underbody and inside of the panels, and underbody anti sound barrier, and a 'diamond gloss' paint coating applied free every year.