1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

RX400h Top Speed and other things

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Tideland Prius, May 18, 2005.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, the intelligent ones among you will know that the Prius' top speed is governed by its electric motors and not necessarily its "puny" engine (My dad's colleague has driven at >160km/h in his 03 Echo).

The top speed of the RX400h is apparently 180km/h. The battery weighs 68kg and has 240 individual cells in 3 modules (hence the 3 separate vents). It's 40% more powerful and 18% smaller than Prius II. It puts out 288DC volts and is stepped up to 650AC volts

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/jk/050518.htm

2. autoxic

autoxic Commuter

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Think we can we bump up the top speed by putting taller tires on the Prius or 400h? In the Prius, it feels like it has some power near top speed, so I have heard. Taller tires are like taller gearing. Who wants to try?!

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure. Never hear of that theory =)

4. Mirza

Mirza New Member

Top speed is 111.85 mph (Apple widgets ROCK!)

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I talked with a guy who had just gotten his RXh.

Leaving the Chicagoland meetup, I was in the left of two right turn lanes. To my right was a Lexus. Odd. I had my music turned off, my ICE was off, and I didn't hear a thing. There was no noise coming from that car! Then the light turned green and I could hear his electric motor kick in before his ICE rolled over. We made the turn and he ducked into a gas station. Since I was in the left lane, I jutted across the right lane, into a parking lot, through an alley, and into the gas station. As you can guess, he was not getting gas.

He and his son were inside so I went in, Priuschat card in hand, "rxhybridchat.com" written on the back. We talked for a little bit. When he saw that I had parked my Prius next to his Lexus, he lit up. His son was young and I could tell that an "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" was not going to happen.

But all the same, I was beaming.

6. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    my parents have their 400h. it goes faster than that posted speed. I've taken it to 110 with no problems. Dad said he took it up to 120. We'll see in the next two days. We are taking it on a road trip to Colorado.

7. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I don't know about some of the listed "top speeds". I got my 05' up to 108 on the way to Vegas and felt the power drop at that point. I cruised at 108 for about 15 minutes getting in the mid 30's for MPG. Oh, if a law enforcement person is reading this I am a fiction writer working on a story!

8. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    your RX400h (browses title again)

the prius goes 108. the 400h goes a lot faster. I'm currently on vacation. It has no trouble getting past 110.