1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sad story in DFW

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bigbaldcuban, Nov 11, 2004.

1. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    There are many other things you can drive your car into other than cars containing other poeple. She deserves any vehicular manslaughter charges levied against her.

I certainly can't condone suicide, in fact I refuse to talk to anyone who kills themself, but if that's what you want to do, leave everyone else out of it.

I feel really sorry for that poor woman's family.

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Being that it is Texas, she will be charged with capital murder, convicted in a trial and then be put to death by lethal injection. In the end, she'll get her wish, albeit delayed.

4. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

I seriously doubt it. I know we have a reputation for being kill-happy here but at most she'll get a few years - maybe 15-20 - probably psychiatric help.

5. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    How very sad. One family is destroyed because this lady wasn't even smart enough to drive into something bigger than her Explorer. If she had to do a head on, couldn't she at least choose a Hummer? It's driver would have had a chance just based on the huge flat front end. Bridge abutments generally don't have much give. I imagine she'll be found quilty but get off on temporary insanity or something related.

6. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

On the very slim chance that this incredibly stupid woman ever got internet access in jail and decided to come here, might I suggest the following subtle hints for her next attempt:

(I know I'm in a sense making light of this, but I truly am sickened by this story and need to do a little bit to try and lighten the mood of this topic)

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    what an idiot!!

if she has major problems if she wants to take someone with her.

if she really wanted to die, why not a brick wall or bridge abutment?

8. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Okay, so suicide is a really depressing topic, but I thought I'd mention this. I've heard (don't ask me for a reference) that when women attempt suicide it is usually a cry for help, and they chose methods that are not guaranteed to work (like overdosing--if someone finds them, they can be taken the hospital and possibly saved). Men, on the other hand, attempt something that they can't be saved from (like a gun). I don't think it's necessarily a concious decision, maybe just something different in how brains work. But that could explain why she chose another car rather than a huge solid object. It was a tragic choice, and I'm sure she'll be wracked with guilt for her decision.

9. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    actually studies show that women who attempt suicide are 3 times more likely to be successful than men. however, men are much more likely to attempt suicide. (about 10 to 1)

10. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    So the follow up question is then--on what attempt are women more successful? Is it on the first attempt?

11. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    thats easy... the last one.

i would think that the success?? by any one person would be considered by the number of attempts.

iow, someone who attempted it 4 times and was successful would be less likely to succeed than someone who attempted it once and was successful.

12. tag

tag Senior Member

Indeed. But, it almost goes without saying that she was clearly beyond the capacity for rational thought.

What is truly terrifying is the fact that others like her are out there just sort of ticking.........

13. tag

tag Senior Member

Not to minimize this but, in my younger days, I recall being in a few bars where the women were 3 times more likely to be men.

14. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Something similar happened here last week. Someone parked on a level crossing and was hit by an intercity train at around 100mph.

The driver of the car was killed.

The train was derailed and destroyed, killing its driver and five others, and injuring many more.

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/photo_...ery/3991771.stm

The current supposition is that it was suicide. If so, it's rather depressing.

15. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Perhaps Speed or Ken or USK can clarify this, but someone told me a very long time ago that in Japan, if someone commits suicide and damages property, the family of the deceased is required to pay for repairs.

Also, I read a very long time ago that in Japan a common cause of death for men is drowning because they refuse to call for help.

I'm asking if this is true because I don't know. Also, I wouldn't make this up; I know I have heard/seen/read these somewhere.

16. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    This almost happened to my boyfriend when he was a police officer. He was driving down the road one day and a truck pulled into his lane and attempted to hit him head on. Fortunately, he was able to pull off the road. A couple of weeks later the same guy, driving the same truck, had a single car "accident" and went head on into a tree. He finally got his wish, fortunately he didn't take anyone with him with his second try. Scary stuff.

17. obiwan

obiwan New Member

Houston - West, near Westheimer and Beltway
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tag\";p=\"49977)</div>
    Not to minimize this but, in my younger days, I recall being in a few bars where the women were 3 times more likely to be men.
    [/b][/quote]

You used to live in New Orleans too?????

18. tag

tag Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(obiwan\";p=\"50625)</div>
    :lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

Actually, no. :) North side of Chicago.

19. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

Hey! I'm from New Orleans! :p

20. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF