1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sad to say, we sold our great little car!

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Menarfromarz, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Menarfromarz

Menarfromarz New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, that was fun! Our little '01, found a new home, after a brief sales blitz of two days online. It was our daily driver for the past year, having purchased it with 175K KM, and selling it with 194K KM. As mentioned in a previous posting, we were so happy with the Prius, it was time to look to a newer car, as wife's Nissan Cube was cursed ( although that was another story altogether ) and had to go. Our time together was fun, and frugal, averaging 47.9 MPG over 10000 miles, and we only had to change the front pads and rotors, due to corrosion. Other that that, what a great car, it needed nothing, was incredibly dependable, and I will miss it. What did we buy? A 2013 Lexus CT200h as we were looking for the upmarket frills like heated leather seats and the Prius models just had more of a basic look. Unless, of course, you pop big time for the tech package, but around here, you could ether buy a "C" ( too small ) or a " V " , and some standard Prius models, but very few low km well optioned examples, as almost all were base models. Love the CT so far just as much, and thanks to all who answered my question as to what to buy to replace " Frosty ". Here is a last pic, just before leaving us! Cheers to all.
    IMG_0681.JPG

2. C Clay

C Clay Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Nice

iPhone ?

3. Aaron Vitolins

Aaron Vitolins Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations on the Lexus! How much did you sale the prius for? If you don't mind me asking

4. Menarfromarz

Menarfromarz New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't mind at all. we sold it for $5250 CAD, including a second set of studded snows on steelies. I have to say, with those tires, this was flat out THE best car in the snow I have ever owned. We had a couple of good snows, and it was me and 4x4 trucks. Anyway, not sure whether that was a bit low in price, or a bit high, but it is 14 years old. Its funny, when you look at $5-6K vehicles out there, they all seem to have been lived in by chain smoking hamsters, and are all beat to hell. In this case, it was super clean and everything worked as intended, and the new owner seemed very pleased, so there you go!