1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SAE vs. Toyota nomenclature

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ez123re, Aug 31, 2024 at 10:02 PM.

1. ez123re

ez123re New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Seems like the SAE uses generic names in its OBD2 error codes, and manufacturers may use more customized names for the same things. I have a U0110 error code for both the Cruise Control and Hybrid Control, "Lost Connection With Drive Motor Control Module." I also have errors C1259 and C1310 for the brakes. Because brakes interact with the drive motor during regenerative braking, it makes sense that the drive motor control module could cause brake-related errors, so that module is my prime suspect.

Next problem: to identify and locate the drive motor control module in the vehicle. I have yet to locate any relevant information online. I called the Toyota dealership, where the service department transferred me to the parts department. The parts guy says he has no listing for a part by that name. So what Toyota name does it go by?