1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Safe to drive? - Check Hybrid + multiple lights

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by PriusNeckBeard, Nov 17, 2023.

1. PriusNeckBeard

PriusNeckBeard Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    One
    @Mendel Leisk
    Et al!

The Yellowish -Orangeish triangle is lit but not flashing.

These other lights are on :

Yellow Skidding car

Red Battery Icon
    Red BRAKE word
    Red steering wheel Icon w exclamation point
    Yellow ABS word
    Yellow tire exclamation point

Check engine light

(previously check engine light has been for the O2 sensor, which I hadn't fixed... but now...who knows).

While I've been waiting to get into the mechanic, I've been driving it.

Anything other than ECO mode would end up with flashing yellow triangle after a while.

Keep it in ECO, doesn't flash.

Is it safe to drive with all lights on?

Is much rather drive than pay for a tow...if that's safe

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yes you're safe to drive until it doesn't drive anymore with all those lights on it sounds like you might be having brake problems there are two pieces in this particular vehicle generally most places want to replace both pieces the cost is about $1,400 for the parts and labor is pretty stout maybe 6 hours something like that so it can get costly considering these cars have engine issues head gaskets leaking coolant so on and so forth You really have to think very well about what's going to go on and what you think's going to happen with the car me personally I am phasing out Gen 3's from the stable as fast as they can go bad which is not a problem they've all been replaced with generation twos that don't have problems.

3. Rrrolfff

Rrrolfff Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Get an OBD2 Bluetooth scanner n use your phone with the Torque pro app. I've gone through all this stuff in my car (head gasket, electric brake cylinder, HV battery pack, you name it). It's the only way to get a firm grasp on what you are up against...

4. Rrrolfff

Rrrolfff Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    On a side note, gotta live Amazon, my scanner arrived less than one hour after I ordered it for same day delivery . $32.