1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Safety Connect upgrade

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by liskipper, Oct 8, 2009.

1. liskipper

liskipper Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am about to commit to a 2010 Type V with AT (Advanced Tech) package. The car was built in July, and does not have safety connect. The new package with Safety Connect is an AY.
    1) Does anyone know if it can be retrofitted? At what cost?
    2) If not, is it worth turning down this deal and waiting for another car that has it?
    Thanks.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    1. No, it cannot be added.

2. I wouldn't want it and glad it wasn't even available when I got mine.

3. Bobsprius

Bobsprius BobPrius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Well I too did not get Safety Connect on my V based upon the build date. Just missed it in fact...But here's my opinion:

It can NOT at this time be retrofit and don't know if there are plans to do that later...doubt it.

If your gettign a V with AT, I would be pleased as punch with that, since that's my vehicle as well. I use my Cell phone with the NAV and it's great. Safety Connect it nothing more than a Toyota version of ONSTAR. There is a cost associated with it, and I would rather just have my Cell connected via bluetooth and call 911 if needed.

I don't need a concierge as well. I typically plan ahead and with the NAV if you find a restaurant or other POI typically the contact and phone information is in it, and you can auto dial on your cell. And the cost?? No Monthly fee! Just associated with your calling plan on your cell... Nice huh???;)